Rancho Sisquoc Winery has been crafting quality wines in small quantities for over 40 years. We grow over 300 acres of superb vineyards for our award winning estate wines.
Located in northern Santa Barbara County on the Sisquoc River, 14 miles east of Santa Maria, Rancho Sisquoc is part of an 1852 Mexican land grant.
The winery is part of a 37,000 acre cattle ranch and farm purchased in 1952 by Mr. and Mrs. James Flood of San Francisco. The cattle business is the same as it has always been, but the beans and barley have been replaced with vegetables and vines. Because the area’s climate and soil compared favorably with the renowned growing regions of Napa and Sonoma, Mr. Flood decided to plant grapes. The initial planting in the late 1960’s consisted of nine acres of Johannesberg Riesling and 40 acres of Cabernet Sauvignon. Current acreage is 300 and growing. In 1972, then ranch manager Harold Pfeiffer produced the first wines. In 1977, Rancho Sisquoc became a bonded winery and the tasting room was built.